Terrazzo is a kind of comprehensive stone, which is made of mixing marble, granite, quartz and other raw materials into cement and then grinding and polishing the surface. The terrazzo made with cement binder is called inorganic grindstone, and the terrazzo made with epoxy binder is called epoxy grindstone or organic grindstone. According to the construction process, the terrazzo is divided into on-site pouring terrazzo and prefabricated terrazzo ground. As a kind of artificial stone, terrazzo is used not only in architecture, but also in the field of interior design. Our common examples include artificial stone, inorganic terrazzo, epoxy terrazzo and so on.
The material features of terrazzo are outstanding in all aspects: non-toxic, non-radioactive, flame-retardant, non-stick oil, non-bleeding, anti-bacterial, anti-mildew, abrasion resistance, impact resistance, easy maintenance, seamless splicing, variety of shapes, etc.
The specific features are as follows:
(1) Rich colors and rich patterns. Pure colors, such as white, yellow, black, red, etc. There are also colors such as hemp color that highlight the texture, that is, adding different colors and different sizes of particles on the basis of the clean color board.
(2) The material of the terrazzo has been screened and contains no radioactive substances and no radioactive pollution. Very safe to use.
(3) Terrazzo has moderate hardness and toughness, and has better impact resistance than natural stone.
(4) Convenient processing and production: Terrazzo can be processed like hardwood. All woodworking tools and mechanical equipment can be used for the production and processing of artificial stone. Special glue can be used. All kinds of tabletops can be polished after bonding and can be "seamless" .
It can also be processed into various shapes, which is unmatched by natural stone, which is also a big way to beat other materials.
(5) Compact structure, clean and hygienic. Artificial stone has a dense structure, no micropores, liquid substances cannot penetrate, and bacteria cannot grow in it. Therefore, it is reasonable for some businesses to call artificial stone "antibacterial stone".